Trainings and seminars
Cooperation with law enforcement has been a very important part of Sygnal’s activities aimed at piracy reduction in the media sector.
Since the very beginning of the Association we have been organizing free trainings addressed to law enforcement therefore the subject of IP theft is increasingly well-known to police and the Prosecutors’ Office representatives.
The trainings agenda covers inter alia the following topics:
- the role of the Internet in illegal content distribution
- interpretation of Polish Act of 5 July, 2002 on Protection of certain services provided by Electronic Means based on or consisting in conditional access
- crime identification in cases related to TV signal theft
- technical aspects of TV signal theft
- measures applied in prevention to the theft of an audio-visual content
To date the Association has organized 370 trainings addressed to 22 thousand participants (as per June 2018 data).
- police officers from Economic Crime Departments: 120 trainings for 5 500 participants
- students from police schools: 150 trainings for 12 500 participants
- members of the public Prosecutors’ Office : 95 trainings courses for 3 800 participants